Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Glazed Salmon

One of my biggest "excuses" for not cooking healthier more often than not is because I have to think about my family too.  Although my teenagers seem to be easy going in terms of what I cook, my husband on the other hand tends to be pickier.  If he even THINKS it's healthy, he automatically finds something to complain about with the dish.  I guess I need to remember that if he is hungry, he will eat.  That's something my pediatrician told me about my daughter and I suppose it can also apply to him!!  No more excuses.




"Excuses" set aside, I am on a search for some healthy yet tasty recipes!!  A serious scavenger hunt, if you will.  I am following some awesome blogs that share theirs and of course I would love to share mine.  Here was last nights dinner.  My husband and kids LOVE this.  It has been in our "family cook book" for a few years now.  Here it is.......


Sweet & Spicy Glazed Salmon



3 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
4 tsp chinese-style hot mustard
1 tsp rice vinegar
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
cooking spray
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Prep:

Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
  1. Place fish on a foil-lined pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
  2. Preheat broiler.
  3. Brush sugar mixture evenly over salmon; broil 3 inches from heat 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.


Deliciously paired with brown rice and asparagus.  YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment