Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

I have a handful of recipes that I turn to when all else fails.
I am going back to basics!!  I am talking about less than 5 minutes prep time!!

BONUS::  This recipe can be used as two or more different dinners!!  We all know that left overs can sometimes be just that, LEFT OVER (on purpose).  This is a MUST KEEP!!

I am going to use this Crock Pot mixture for the next three dinners and make them all different.

Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken



2 1/2 -3 oz bag of frozen chicken breast
1 bottle of favorite bbq sauce (I used Hot & Spicy from Fresh & Easy and I have used Baby Rays)
1 can of pineapple chunks, 2/3 drained (I keep a little of the pineapple juice to help marinate the chicken).

Dump frozen chicken into Crock Pot.
Pour bbq sauce over frozen chicken.
Throw in the can of pineapple chunks + 1/3 of pineapple juice.




Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
**I cooked my batch on low for 6 hours.



Dinner #1
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken over Brown Rice


Super yummy and light but very filling.  The pineapple gives it a good twist and using a spicy bbq sauce helps to give the recipe a kick!  I loved using Baby Rays, but we recently had a Fresh & Easy neighborhood market open up very close to home so I try and get everything I need from there.  Their Hot & Spicy bbq sauce is amazing and does the magical trick!  

EASY & DELICIOUS = Win Win.

For tomorrows dinner.....BBQ Chicken Quesadillas.  Yes Please!

Stay tuned....




No comments:

Post a Comment