Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blended Iced Green Protein Coffee Shake

Good morning and Happy Thursday!!

This morning, I got in my 5am workout and I couldn't feel any better than I do.  I recognize that my days are best after I make time for a workout.  Hmmm, why do I ever stop?  Laziness....  I have to get that under control!!  It is a well known fact that exercise releases endorphins which helps boost moods and lowers the rate of depression.  FREE ANTIDEPRESSANT!!  In fact, research has shown that exercise is an affective treatment for mild depression.

But it can't stop there.....

I need to fuel that workout with a GREAT MEAL!!

Because I workout so early, I tend to not be so hungry after.  I have learned that it is important to consume soon after the workout between 30 minutes to no longer than an hour.  So, I go for my POWER BREAKFAST in a cup!

Here it is......

Blended Iced Green Protein Coffee Shake




1 cup Spinach
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 scoop Whey Protein
1/2 Banana
2 tbsp Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp Instant Coffee





Blend it up and VOILA!!!






An awesome tasting protein packed Go-Go shake!!  The coffee helps me to keep moving ;)  Happy Thursday!!  







2 comments:

  1. This looks sooo good! Am I a retard or what I can't see where I can follow you on your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlee! It is SUPER delicious!!! I sometimes substitute out the coffee and add a tsp of peanut butter and it is SUPER YUMMY TOO!! Great anytime.

    Thank you!! Ok, since I just started blogging I am still learning too. I have been following blogs by going to your main blogger page (where you begin writing your blog and where you can see your reading list)

    Click on the "Add"
    Type in Blog URL on the "Add from URL" space.
    Click on Follow

    I have a lot to learn!!! But this is the only way I know how so far.

    Thank you for following me ;)

    ReplyDelete