Sunday, July 22, 2012

Crock Pot Low Cal Creamy Chicken

I have a collection of super duper easy go-to recipes for those days that I don't even want to think about "what's for dinner".  I will share them as I make them.  I know how important it is to be able to put something together without necessarily requiring a lot of time and preparation.  My #1 tool that has proven to be extremely helpful, especially now with toddlers, has been my CROCK POT!!  I tend to keep my eyes peeled for those Crock Pot recipes!!!

Upon my search for low calorie and super easy no nonsense recipes, I found probably the #1 so far.  I had everyones approval (even both my toddlers) so I will share!!

Crock Pot Creamy Chicken


2 1/2 - 3oz bag of frozen chicken breast tenders
8 oz cream cheese, 1/3 less fat
1 can of black beans, drained
1 can of corn, drained
1 can rotel

**My own note:  The first time I made this recipe, I used neufchatel cheese and it tasted the same in case you do not find the lower fat cream cheese.  Do not use fat free cream cheese.  Also, I love a "kick" in my food, so in the end I added fresh salsa to top it.
Y-U-M-M-Y.

Directions:  Dump frozen bag of chicken in Crock Pot.
                   Next, add less fat cream cheese on top of frozen chicken.
                   Add can of drained black beans and corn.
                   Add can of rotel.



Cover and cook in the Crock Pot on low for 6-8 hours.
Every couple of hours, stir the ingredients. 
After 6 hours, shred chicken and mix the mixture together.

Serve as desired.  I served it over whole wheat tortillas or over brown rice.  I top it with fresh salsa to add a "kick".  This filling is tasty in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, tostadas, nachos, and even by itself.
Mixture serves 6-8 adults with leftovers.




And for a treat.....I pair it with a glass of Skinny Girl Margarita or Skinny Girl Sangria ;)  
This is a great combo!!



Looking forward to starting the week on a good note.  Waking up early for a beast mode workout and my blended iced green protein shake immediately to follow.  








                 
                 




No comments:

Post a Comment